Quality of Life Survey
The Quality-of-Life (QOL) Survey is an objective tool to measure community perceptions about quality of life. The baseline QOL Survey for Lafayette Parish was completed in late 2021. It will be updated annually to track progress over time.
- 52% of respondents said Lafayette Parish is on the right track vs only 32% who said the Parish is on the wrong track
- The top 3 most important issues facing Lafayette Parish according to respondents are: traffic/roads (24%), the economy (15%), and crime (14%)
- 73% of respondents rated overall quality of life in Lafayette Parish as excellent or good
About the QOL Survey
The QOL Survey is administered by nationally recognized independent polling firm Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy. Mason-Dixon studies communities around the country and has identified the elements people perceive as having the greatest impact on quality of life, such as:
- Economic conditions
- Job security
- Educational opportunities
- Cultural & recreational opportunities
- Feeling of clean & healthy environment
- Sense of community
- Shared vision for community & economic development
- Effective government & community leadership that plans and executes
Survey participants are randomly selected from commercially available phone-matched voter registration lists (both landline and cell phone).
The survey sample is representative of the demographic breakdown of the community, meaning the ratios of the respondents’ gender, race, age, and political affiliation mirror the area’s actual statistics.